||Old School Museum 10am – 4pm:
An intriguing collection of old Autograph books. Explore a bygone era of rhymes, household names, sketches and photographs that reflected the day to day life of the past. A small collection of antique books will also be on display.
RSL Foyer all day:
- Papyrus to iPad static display in the community cultural showcase.
- Come along and meet representatives of the Writers of the Far South Coast , who will be holding a stall.
- 10am – 4pm Revisit early publishing technologies on show in a demonstration of old printing presses by Richard Jermyn and Katie Pye.
- 10am – 4pm In 2010 visual artist Rhonda Ayliffe started binding the pages from old, abandoned encyclopaedias together. Hundreds of hours and thousands of pages later, her ‘codex infinitum’ or ‘infinite book’ extends beyond 10m and is still growing. Rhonda is bringing her long book and deep love and knowledge of all things related to the book to the ‘About the Book’ festival. Come along for a look and a chat about book making, book history and all things about the book and peruse the display bookbinding equipment and handmade books.
- 10am – 12pm Bega Valley Shire Library will host a special ‘About The Book’ story-time for children from 12 months to 5 years old. Story-time combines stories, songs, finger plays and action rhymes all designed to promote reading readiness.